Palace for Life Takeover Game: What’s going on?
At Crystal Palace’s fixture against Southampton this Saturday, Palace for Life is taking over Selhurst Park to raise awareness of our vital work across the south London community. We are asking Palace fans to get involved in activities across the stadium and donate the cost of a pint if they are able to.
What’s going on?
Palace for Life is doing a full Fanzone takeover pre-match, here’s what’s happening.
- A very special Palace for Life quiz with excellent prizes up for grabs – look out for the Palace for Life stall where you can give it a go
- Get the chance to try your hand at blind football, giving fans an insight into the challenges some of our participants face
- Some participants from our successful programmes will be chatting to host Rob Thornton about their experiences with Palace for Life, so fans can see first-hand how we support our communities
- Fans can also expect some challenges throughout, including a keepy-uppy challenge!
Is anything happening pitchside?
Yes! Here’s what to expect.
- Some very special celebrity guests will be stepping onto the turf at half-time to chat about their experiences supporting and working with Palace for Life
- Fans might also notice some Palace for Life flags being waved pitch-side before kick-off – make sure you keep an eye out for those!
- Players will be warming-up in personalised ‘Made in South London’ t-shirts, to help raise awareness of the campaign, you can find out more about it here
- Fans will also get the chance to, quite literally, grab a money-can’t-by Made in South London t-shirt – keep your eyes peeled at half time for this opportunity!
- Some of our Marathon Marchers will also be stepping out pitchside for a pre-match photo.
- Keep an eye on the big screen for a special Palace for Life video too!
Elsewhere and online…
In our hospitality lounges and boxes, there will be a silent auction taking place. A small group of participants from our social mobility programme GAME ON! will also be dotted around these areas, talking to fans about how Palace for Life has helped them.
In addition, there is an online raffle with loads of Palace gear, including a signed pair of Wilfried Zaha’s boots, up for grabs. Click here to see what you can win and to enter. *
*the raffle is open from now until the 30th November 2022
You may also notice a very special edition of the programme which showcases our Made in South London campaign, which aims to raise £1million over the next 3 years to help continue our work.
How can you help?
If you like what you hear, there are plenty of ways to support us, this weekend and beyond.
Learn about the work we’re doing in the community. We’re so much more than just a football club and an organisation that offers young people the chance to play football.
You can sign up to receive our newsletter here.
Otherwise browse our website or read our annual brochure.
Donate what you can to help support us. You can give a single donation or set up a regular donation here.
Alternatively, why don’t you donate a pint from your pre-match routine today, here.
Tap to donate stations will be located in the Fanzone or in some of our hospitality lounges.
Want to give a philanthropic gift or know a person or business that does? Email Fezzan on email@example.com
We appreciate times are hard and not everyone has the means to donate right now. But you can help us to spread the word. Tell friends and family about the work we are doing.
Follow us on social media and help us reach even more people.
- Twitter: twitter.com/palaceforlife
- Instagram: Instagram.com/palaceforlife
- Facebook: Facebook.com/palaceforlife
- TikTok: tiktok.com/palaceforlifefoundation
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/palaceforlife