Part-Time Disability Coach
1. JOB DETAILS
Title: Part-Time Disability Coach
Location: Selhurst Park Stadium
Responsible to: Disability Officer
Hours per Week: 15
Salary Level: £18,000 (pro-rota)
Duration: Fixed Term till 31/8/19
Closing Date: 23/09/2018
2. ABOUT THE FOUNDATION
The Palace for Life Foundation is the official charity of Crystal Palace FC (CPFC). Our mission is to help young South Londoners grow through the power of sport, inspiring them to find a better path in life, for a better life.
3. JOB PURPOSE
Provide high quality sports sessions for people with a disability helping them to participate in football and other sports within their local communities, giving them the opportunity to benefit from the social, physiological and physical benefits that this provides.
Our Values are simply the things that are most important to us and will be demonstrated through the way in which we behave in achieving our charity objectives. Our people are at the centre of the delivery of our Foundation Values.
Palace for Life Foundation is committed to the principles of safeguarding with children and vulnerable adults therefore this role will undertake a DBS check and additional Safeguarding training.
Palace for Life Foundation is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
6. MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Deliver high quality football and multi-sport sessions within community settings, mainstream and SEND schools
• Support players to give them every opportunity to access the relevant sporting sessions to assist with their personal development.
• Responsible for reporting to the Disability Officer on the achievement of a series of key performance indicators.
• Maintenance and updating of session attendance registers.
• To liaise with the Communications Manager on any good new stories or website/social media promotion of activities.
• To commit to other duties required in line with the responsibilities of the post.
• Deliver on School Holiday programs for Sports Development Department
• Work flexibly to ensure full and supportive delivery of the programme. May include some weekend or evening work.
• Work with due regard for Foundation core values and objectives.
• Ensure the effective implementation of, and adherence to the Foundation’s Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety policies and procedures.
These duties defined in this Job Description are not definitive and may be subject to future amendments following appropriate consultation.
|Person Specification:||E = Essential
D = Desirable
|A passion for supporting adults and young people with a disability in achieving their full potential||E|
|A keen interest in delivering football sessions for people with a disability||E|
|Experience of working with people with a disability in sport and physical activity||E|
|Possess the FA Level 2 Award in Coaching Football as a minimum, alongside safeguarding and first aid qualifications||E|
|Able to work patiently with participants with a disability and provide a positive and thriving learning environment||E|
|Excellent written and verbal communications||E|
|Ability to keep administrative data up-to-date||E|
|Experience of working under deadlines with minimal supervision||E|
|Experience of working with children with SEND in mainstream school||D|
|Aware of the opportunities for people with a disability to progress into grassroots, mainstream and elite sport||D|
|Experience in supporting the organisation of events and sport festivals for people with disabilities||D|
|Possess one of the following qualifications:
FA Coaching Disabled Footballers
FA Coaching Blind Footballers
FA Coaching Deaf Footballers
WFA Coaching Power Chair Footballer
A relevant disability sports coaching qualification