Job Opportunity - Targeted Intervention Officer
Job title: Targeted Intervention Officer
Organisation: Palace for Life Foundation
Salary: £22,000 per annum
Location: Selhurst Park Stadium, Holmesdale Road, SE25 6PU
Closing date: 20/04/2018 5pm
Contract type: 2 Year Fixed Term (Full time)
Palace for Life Foundation started their Community Development programme back in 1990 and over the last 3 years has undergone a comprehensive change of culture with the introduction of a new senior management team and new activities and funded projects. As a result of recent growth we now have an exciting opportunity for an exceptional candidate to join the Foundation’s Community Development Team to manage a targeted intervention programme called Breaking the Cycle of Youth Violence (BTCYV). The project is geared towards working with 8- 19 year olds to reduce risk factors that place young people at risk of becoming victims of and perpetrating serious youth violence by promoting and enhancing the protective factors that buffer against risks.
We are looking for a passionate project officer with proven knowledge, track record and experience of working on youth crime/violence community projects, by providing and delivering inspiring activities, 1:1 mentoring, action planning, positive messaging and building productive relationships that encourage positive attitude & behaviour changes, youth development and well-being. The ability to communicate well with a range of people including participants, commissioners, funders and other local statutory and community based agencies is fundamental to the successful delivery of this project.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Targeted Intervention Project
• Work with 30 young people aged 8–19 years old referred to the programme where you will develop a professional and credible relationship on a personal level to deliver the BTCYV KPI’s.
• To produce support plans and risk management plans based on assessments.
• Ensure participants are given PDP’s, or Individual Learning/Action Plans so progress can be measured.
• Maintain and harnesses existing relationships within the community and other stakeholders such as Schools, Sutton/Croydon Council, Police, Croydon/Sutton YOS and PRUS in tackling different forms of youth violence in both the public and private domains to significantly improve the lives and outcomes of young persons ‘at risk’.
• To create, maintain and update media information, and case studies to measure the impact of the programme.
• Managing resources, including the raising of PO’s and payments against invoices etc.
• Ensure all staff and volunteers comply with the Safeguarding, Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety policies at all times.
• Any other reasonable duties and responsibilities considered appropriate by the Senior Management Team of the Foundation.
• Working with multiple agencies across different sectors in order to establish good working relationships
• Attending committees, forums and meetings as necessary
• Celebrating participant achievement through the power of the Crystal Palace FC
|Experience of working in a mentoring capacity
|Experience of data collection and monitoring frameworks
|Proven track record of managing multiple deadlines across different projects
|Experience in building and sustaining partnerships relevant to the project
|Proven track record of working with disadvantaged groups including gang members, those who may have been exposed to sexual exploitation and/or those who may be on the verge of being expelled from education
|Experience of managing participants on a 1:1 basis
|Understanding of training needs analysis
|Understanding of the Training Cycle
|Experience delivering accredited qualifications and awareness of awarding bodies expectations
|Understanding the concept of progression pathways
|Knowledge & Qualifications:
|Knowledge of issues that adversely affect venerable individuals
|Excellent knowledge of risk and protective factors as they relate to young people & vulnerable adults
|Degree or equivalent in Youth Work, Teaching or Community Development
|Awareness of best practise education models
|Knowledge of emerging agendas in relation to young people in London.
|Youth Work qualification
|Ability to communicate with diverse range of partners and staff
|Ability to work under pressure
|Ability to use own initiative
|Committed to the values and motivated by the purpose of the Foundation
|Ability to travel independently
|Flexible approach to work, able to work out of hours, evenings and weekends
|Car driver/owner – clean driving licence
Palace for Life Foundation is run autonomously from the Football Club and enjoys charitable status. The relationship between the Club and Foundation is strong and mutually beneficial. With an appointed Board of Trustees there is a formal overriding link between the Foundation and the Football Club at senior level. Additionally, you will be joining an organisation that has won the ‘Best Community Scheme Award’ at the Football Business Awards 2015 and the ‘The Best Foundation Diversity Award’ at the Football for Good Awards 2015 and the Best Participation Initiative at FA Women’s Awards 2017.
Crystal Palace Football Club endorses the principle of equality and will strive to ensure that everyone who wishes to be involved in the club whether as players, match-day fans, staff, board members, participants in foundation programmes and other people engaged with the club’s activities (for example, suppliers, corporate partners):
Has a genuine and equal opportunity to participate to the full extent of their own ambitions and abilities, without regard to their age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, sex or sexual orientation. Palace for Life is committed to keeping children, young people and vulnerable adults safe from harm. We take our Safeguarding responsibilities very seriously and the successful candidate will be subject to Enhanced DBS checks.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the application form – Job Application Form – Targeted Interventions Officer – and send to email@example.com