Job Opportunity - Sessional Training Facilitator
Job Title: Sessional Training Facilitator (Employability, Enterprise, Traineeships and PSHE)
Organisation: Palace for Life Foundation
Salary: Competitive (dependent on qualifications)
Location: Selhurst Park, Selhurst, SE25 6PU
Closing Date: 12/01/2018
Interview Date: 18th January 2018
Contract type: a minimum of 8 hours a week (term – time)
Premier League Palace for Life Foundation started their Community Development programme back in 1990 and over the last 3 years has undergone a comprehensive change of culture with the introduction of a new senior management team and new activities and funded projects, whilst still supporting the Foundation & Club’s commitment to the ‘One Club One Community’ ethos.
As a result of recent growth we now have an exciting opportunity for an exceptional candidate to join the Foundation’s Community Development Team to deliver on regular Employability Programmes, Mentoring and Traineeships for individuals aged 16 – 25 yrs., and Enterprise Education/PSHE Programmes in secondary schools.
We are looking for a talented ‘all-round’ PTLLS qualified facilitator with proven knowledge and experience of developing employability programmes, delivering skills-based activities, providing and delivering inspiring activities to engage hard to reach young people and adults. The ability to communicate well with a range of people including participants, colleagues, senior managers and schools is fundamental to the successful delivery of our programmes. Therefore, the candidate we’re looking for will need to have these skills. Furthermore, a DTLLS qualified facilitator who also has experience working in a sports environment would be highly desirable.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To build and maintain an effective rapport with participants and use effective planning and organisational skills to ensure that all participants are given appropriate assistance to complete their programmes.
2. Undertaking pastoral duties and supporting participants on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties.
3. Plan embedded learning for groups and individuals, signposting participants to other, related activities and programmes delivered by the Foundation.
4. Deliver high quality teaching and facilitation on PSHE, Traineeships, Employability and Enterprise Education Programmes.
5. Work collaboratively with peers using verbal and written reports to ensure accurate and timely progress reviews, to meet the requirements of awarding and funding bodies.
6. Develop delivery in order to maximise progression opportunities for participants.
7. Ensure participants are given PDP’s, or Individual Learning/Action Plans so progress can be measured.
8. Comply with the Safeguarding, Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety policies at all times.
9. Mentoring participants, offering advice and information via face-to-face, telephone and email contact.
10. Collection of Data to support the monitoring & evaluation of PSHE, Traineeships, Enterprise Education and Employability Programmes.
11. Comply with Palace for Life Foundation Compliance procedures including keeping data confidential, completing debrief notes at the end of sessions and reporting any incidents/safeguarding concerns to the appropriate personnel.
12. Undertaking any other administrative duties including lesson planning, marking, updating registers and attending regular review meetings.
Palace for Life Foundation is run autonomously from the Football Club and enjoys charitable status. The relationship between the Club and Foundation is strong and mutually beneficial. With an appointed Board of Trustees there is a formal overriding link between the Foundation and the Football Club at senior level.
A competitive remuneration package is available to the right candidate. Additionally, you will be joining an organisation that has recently won the ‘Best Community Scheme Award’ at the Football Business Awards 2015 and the ‘The Best Foundation Diversity Award’ at the Football for Good Awards 2015.
How to Apply:
Please complete the application form – Job Application Form – Sessional Training Facilitator – and return to firstname.lastname@example.org