Job Opportunity - Sessional Coach (Elite Player Development)
1. JOB DETAILS.
Title: Sessional Coach – Elite Player Development
Location: Selhurst Park Stadium
Responsible to: Sports Development Manager
Hours per Week: 1-5 hours
2. JOB PURPOSE
The Palace for Life Foundation is the official charity of Crystal Palace FC (CPFC).
We are looking for a highly-motivated full time Coach who believes in the power of sport and the opportunities which the brand of a professional football club can add to local people, and who can play a pivotal role in delivering a successful elite player development programme across all of the Palace for Life areas.
The successful applicant will assist in the delivery of an expanding Elite Player Development programme. Ensuring KPI’s are met, and participants are offered suitable exit routes upon completion of delivery, and support other areas of the business as required. The role involves delivery at various site in our main boroughs of work targeting players who show potential to develop within the Palace for Life Foundation elite player pathway.
Our Values are simply the things that are most important to us and will be demonstrated through the way in which we behave in achieving our charity objectives. Our people are at the centre of the delivery of our Foundation Values.
The Palace for Life Foundation is committed to keeping children, young people and vulnerable adults safe from harm. We take our Safeguarding responsibilities very seriously and the successful candidate will be subject to Enhanced DBS checks and additional safeguarding training.
5. MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To assist with the development and delivery of a structured football training programme within the elite player pathway in various community settings.
• To develop and maintain positive relationships with all key partners involved in the programme such as players, parents, coaching staff, and other partners.
• To deliver elite football sessions to groups throughout our elite pathway.
• To refer players into the relevant sessions, this would involve releasing players and completing the necessary paper work for them to progress.
• To produce written player reports.
• To delivery and support progressive coaching programmes with an elite focus to suit age groups from 6-16 years.
• The support the organisation of regular inter and intra club football competitions/matches.
• To distribute and disseminate publicity and promotional material to targeted groups in all Boroughs to promote and cross sell all Foundations activities.
• Ensure health & safety, safeguarding & compliance and equality policies are implemented and followed at all times and in all areas of the programmes.
• To consistently monitor and evaluate the programme to ensure effective delivery throughout all training.
• To carry out duties with regard to relevant Foundation legislation, policies and procedures.
• You must wear your CPFC Foundation uniform at all times when delivering on behalf of the Foundation and keep your kit in good presentable condition.
• To keep your equipment (bibs, cones and footballs) in good working order and please report any losses or damage of this equipment to the Sports Development Manager.
• To attend regular meetings and courses for continuous professional development.
• To undertake such other duties which from time to time may be required.
• Commitment to high quality sport provision and committed to providing the best possible opportunities for all participants.
• Excellent organisational, planning and administrative skills, including time management, prioritisation of workloads, and be able to complete tasks to quality service standards.
• To deliver selected holiday course provision out of school term
• An enthusiastic, proactive approach combined with a determination to achieve.
• Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, which will include evenings and weekends.
• Must be able to represent CPFC Foundation in a confident and professional manner and have the ability to communicate effectively to a range of stakeholders.
• Full clean driving license and access to a motor vehicle for work purposes.
• Work flexibly to ensure full and supportive delivery of the programme. May include some weekend or evening work.
• Commit to ongoing self-directed learning in order to further develop work related skills and knowledge.
• Undertake any other related responsibilities commensurate with the evolving objectives of the post and the evolution of the organisation.
• Work with due regard for Foundation core values and objectives.
• Ensure the effective implementation of, and adherence to the Foundation’s Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety policies and procedures.
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the application form – Job Application Form – Sessional Coach (Elite Player Development) – and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Palace for Life Foundation is a recognised equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, belief and gender.
|Person Specification:||E = Essential
D = Desirable
|Level 2 Coaching in Football Certificate||E|
|A passion and interest in developing a career in the development sport sector.||E|
|An interest in football coaching and player development||E|
|Experience of working with young people in sport||E|
|The ability to recognise opportunities to promote Palace for Life Foundation externally.||E|
|Ability to communicate effectively and concisely both orally and in writing.||E|
|Experience in writing progressive sessions plans||E|
|Ability to emphasize with and give support to individuals who may not feel comfortable in learning or sports related environments.||E|
|Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels within the Foundation, the parent club and high level outside contacts.||D|
|Competent administration skills in order to meet league requirements.||E|
|Up to date safeguarding certificate and first aid certificate qualifications||E|
|Member of the FA Coaches License Club when working for the Foundation.||E|
|Youth Module 1||E|
Crystal Palace Football Club endorses the principle of equality and will strive to ensure that everyone who wishes to be involved in the club whether as players, match-day fans, staff, board members, participants in foundation programmes and other people engaged with the club’s activities (for example, suppliers, corporate partners):
Has a genuine and equal opportunity to participate to the full extent of their own ambitions and abilities, without regard to their age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, sex or sexual orientation; and can be assured of an environment in which their rights, dignity and individual worth are respected, and in particular that they are able to enjoy their engagement at the club without the threat of intimidation, victimisation, harassment, bullying and abuse.
Crystal Palace Football Club acknowledges its duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory requirements and responsibilities, government guidance, recognised best practice and complies with Premier league and football league rules.
The club expects all staff, players, volunteers, contractors and guests to share this commitment.