Job Opportunity - Senior Coordinator (Youth Crime Prevention)
Job title: Senior Coordinator (Youth Crime Prevention)
Organisation: Palace for Life Foundation
Location: Selhurst Park, Selhurst, SE25 6PU
Closing date: 17/11/2017
Contract type: 2 Year Fixed Term (Full time)
Palace for Life Foundation started their Community Development programme back in 1990 and over the last 3 years has undergone a comprehensive change of culture with the introduction of a new senior management team and new activities and funded projects.
As a result of recent growth we now have an exciting opportunity for an exceptional candidate to join the Foundation’s Community Development Team to manage a 2 year PLPFA/ Children in Need Breaking the Cycle of Youth Violence (BTCYV) programme. The project is geared towards working with 8- 19 year olds to reduce risk factors that place young people at risk of becoming victims of and perpetrating serious youth violence by promoting and enhancing the protective factors that buffer against risks.
We are looking for a talented senior coordinator with proven knowledge, track record and experience of managing youth crime/violence community projects, by providing and delivering inspiring activities, 1:1 mentoring, action planning, positive messaging and building productive relationships that encourage positive attitude & behaviour changes, youth development and well-being. The ability to communicate well with a range of people including participants, commissioners, funders and other local statutory and community based agencies is fundamental to the successful delivery of this project.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Breaking the Cycle of Youth Violence Project
1. Work with up to 30 young people aged 8–19 years old referred to the programme where you will develop a professional and credible relationship on a personal level to deliver the BTCYV KPI’s.
2. To produce support plans and risk management plans based on assessments.
3. Maintain and harnesses existing relationships within the community and other stakeholders such as Schools, Croydon Council, Police, Croydon YOS and PRUS in tackling different forms of youth violence in both the public and private domains to significantly improve the lives and outcomes of young persons ‘at risk’.
4. The project management of some of the BTCYV programme including: budget monitoring, updating the VIEWS on-line monitoring and evaluation system and to assist with the completion of monitoring and finance reports for the Premier League Charitable Fund and other partners.
5. Work reflectively and feedback learning to the Institute for Voluntary Action Research. To create, maintain and update media information, and case studies to measure the impact of the programme.
6. Ensure all staff and volunteers comply with the Safeguarding, Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety policies at all times.
The Palace for Life Foundation is run autonomously from the Football Club and enjoys charitable status. The relationship between the Club and Foundation is strong and mutually beneficial. With an appointed Board of Trustees there is a formal overriding link between the Foundation and the Football Club at senior level.
A competitive remuneration package is available to the right candidate. Additionally, you will be joining an organisation that has won the ‘Best Community Scheme Award’ at the Football Business Awards 2015 and the ‘The Best Foundation Diversity Award’ at the Football for Good Awards 2015 and the Best Participation Initiative at FA Women’s Awards 2017.
Crystal Palace Football Club endorses the principle of equality and will strive to ensure that everyone who wishes to be involved in the club whether as players, match-day fans, staff, board members, participants in foundation programmes and other people engaged with the club’s activities (for example, suppliers, corporate partners):
Has a genuine and equal opportunity to participate to the full extent of their own ambitions and abilities, without regard to their age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, sex or sexual orientation;
Palace for Life is committed to keeping children, young people and vulnerable adults safe from harm. We take our Safeguarding responsibilities very seriously and the successful candidate will be subject to Enhanced DBS checks
How to apply:
Please complete the application form – Application Form – Senior Coordinator (Youth Crime Prevention) – and return to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any applications received without a completed application form will be dismissed.