Job Opportunity - Primary Schools Programme Manager
1. JOB DETAILS.
Title: Primary Schools Programme Manager – Palace for Life Foundation
Location: Selhurst Park Stadium
Responsible to: Sports Development Director
Hours per Week: 38 hours
Contract: 2.5 year fixed term with potential to extend
Salary: £33,000+ bonus
The deadline for applications is Friday 12 January 2018. Interviews will take place in the week commencing Monday 22 January 2018.
2. JOB PURPOSE
The Palace for Life Foundation is the official charity of Crystal Palace FC (CPFC).
We are looking for a highly-motivated Primary Education Manager who believes in the power of sport and the opportunities which the brand of a professional football club can add to local people, and who can play a pivotal role in delivering a successful Primary schools programme across South London.
You will be responsible for developing and delivering the Primary school departments KPI’s and ensuring it is complementing and supporting other work of the Palace for Life Foundation.
You will lead on maintaining all current funding streams and funded projects, especially the Premier League Primary Stars programme as well as ensuring the on-going financial viability and growth of the department through a quality delivery curriculum programme and extra curriculum activities. This will include expanding the number of schools the Foundation delivers in and increasing the fee paying aspect of the business within schools.
Our Values are simply the things that are most important to us and will be demonstrated through the way in which we behave in achieving our charity objectives. Our people are at the centre of the delivery of our Foundation Values.
The Palace for Life Foundation is committed to keeping children, young people and vulnerable adults safe from harm. We take our Safeguarding responsibilities very seriously and the successful candidate will be subject to Enhanced DBS checks and additional safeguarding training.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To lead in the planning, preparation, and management of the “Primary Stars” initiative funded by the Premier League across all our Boroughs’ of Croydon, Bromley, Sutton and Tandridge.
• To project manage the “Primary Stars” programme including: budget monitoring, updating the VIEWS on-line monitoring and evaluation system and to assist with the completion of monitoring and finance reports for the Premier League Charitable Fund and other partners. .
• The line management of a team of Foundation staff and coaches in delivering high quality sessions across all of our PE and school programmes in particular the full & half delivery models in Primary schools and the extra-curricular activity delivery.
• Oversee the delivery of special initiatives funded by the Innovation Fund such as “Team Mates” junior mental health programme, “Laws of the Game”, “Bright Readers” and “Maths of the Day” projects.
• Responsible for accessing further business opportunities and all non-restricted income in addition to growing all funding streams to support the Foundation’s Primary Schools delivery.
• Oversee the organisation of regular inter and intra school football competitions including the Premier League Primary Stars Tournament.
• Supervise a team to line manage Foundation sessional coaches delivering on the Primary schools programmes
• Liaising closely with the Disability, Community Development, Education & Training and Sports Development Managers in sharing of good practise and cross working together.
• Responsible for reporting to the Sports Development Director on the achievement of a series of key performance indicators and general updates for each programme.
• Developing links and partnerships between the Palace for Life Foundation and other Primary school organisations to deliver joint activity in schools.
• Liaising with internal and external partners throughout the lifetime of the project including: FA Education Department, Surrey County FA, London Sport, Sports Development Teams at Local Authorities, School Games Organisers and any other partners.
• To contribute to the continuous personal development of all coaches and staff through a staff training programme scheduled throughout the academic year.
• To liaise with the Communications Manager on any good new stories or website/social media promotion of activities.
• Oversee and support the PhD student project being delivered in schools.
• To create maintain and update media information, and case studies to measure the impact of the programme.
• To commit to other duties required in line with the responsibilities of the post.
• Work flexibly to ensure full and supportive delivery of the programme. May include some weekend or evening work.
• Commit to ongoing self-directed learning in order to further develop work related skills and knowledge.
• Undertake any other related responsibilities commensurate with the evolving objectives of the post and the evolution of the organisation.
• Work with due regard for Foundation core values and objectives.
• Ensure the effective implementation of, and adherence to the Foundation’s Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety policies and procedures.
|E = Essential
D = Desirable
|A passion and interest in developing a career in the sport for social change sector, particularly supporting young people in Primary School education||E|
|An interest in delivering educational programmes in Primary schools||E|
|Commitment to a high quality physical education programme.||E|
|Experience of working with young people from different backgrounds and line management of staff/coaches||E|
|Sound sports development or school education knowledge and experience with a proven track record of achievement and event management.||E|
|The ability to develop and maintain relationships with schools and their staff including head teachers, PE teachers and Governors||E|
|Experience of working to tight deadlines without close supervision||E|
|Excellent communication/presentation skills both written and verbal||E|
|Ability to manage partnerships effectively and concisely so external partners are satisfied with our work.||E|
|Possess either, an FA coaching qualification minimum Level 1 standard, or a teaching qualification and be compliant regards safeguarding and first aid qualifications.||E|
|Possess sports qualifications /other relevant experience in an educational environment,||D|
|Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels within the Foundation, the parent club and high level outside contacts.||E|
The Palace for Life Foundation is a recognised equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, belief and gender.
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the attached application form: Application Form – Primary Schools Programme Manager and send to email@example.com