Job Opportunity - Fundraising and Supporter Engagement Officer
Fundraising and Supporter Engagement Officer
1. JOB DETAILS
Organisation: Palace for Life Foundation
Responsible to: Deputy Chief Executive
Hours per Week: 38 hours
Salary: Circa £27,000 p.a.
Location: Selhurst Park, Selhurst, SE25 6PU
Closing date: 14th November
Interview Date: w/c 20th November
Contract type: 1 Year Fixed Term [initially]
2. ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an exceptional candidate who has at least 2 years’ experience of working in a charity fundraising context to help us deliver our mission of helping young south Londoners grow through sport. Your key areas of focus will include supporting the Foundation’s Fundraising Strategy and tapping into the enthusiasm, skills and goodwill of the wider Crystal Palace FC supporter base to provide developmental opportunities for young people through our new ‘Lifechangers’ programme.
Our Values are simply the things that are most important to us and will be demonstrated through the way in which we behave in achieving our charity objectives. Our people are at the centre of the delivery of our Foundation Values.
The Palace for Life Foundation is committed to keeping children, young people and vulnerable adults safe from harm. We take our Safeguarding responsibilities very seriously and the successful candidate will be subject to Enhanced DBS checks and additional safeguarding training.
5. MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To help develop and coordinate an exciting fundraising programme to generate £100,000 in unrestricted funds for the Foundation.
• To be proactive in seeking out new individuals, groups and organisations that can support Foundation fundraising objectives.
• To help contribute to the development of a database of Stakeholder contacts and to support the creation of a CRM system for the Foundation.
• To help develop and support a network of ‘Friends of Palace for Life’ which the Foundation can call on to provide opportunities for young people.
• Work closely with the Foundation’s staff team in brokering of opportunities for young people who are participants on the Foundation’s programmes and fans who would like to provide development opportunities for them.
• To manage relationships with our supporters, ensuring all commitments are met and they are kept up to date with all activities.
• To actively research fundraising and fan engagement best practice across the Football League and Premier League, Community Sports and Charity sector.
|Person Specification:||E = Essential
D = Desirable
|At least 2 years’ successful experience in a comparable charity fundraising role||E|
|Experience at securing corporate sponsorship deals in the charity sector||D|
|Proven track record of building and sustaining strong relationships with partners and stakeholders||E|
|Experience of maintaining a stakeholder database||D|
|Excellent verbal and written communication skills.||E|
|Outstanding organisational skills with an attention to detail.||E|
|Ability to think clearly, creatively and imaginatively.||E|
|Positive attitude and strong focus on teamwork with the ability to work on own initiative when necessary.||E|
|Focused on achievement, targets and continuous improvement.||E|
|Excellent ICT and Social Media Skills||E|
|Able to demonstrate an understanding of the Youth Development and Sport for Development agendas||D|
|An understanding of and a commitment to equal opportunities issues both in the workplace and the wider community.||E|
|Prepared to undergo a Palace for Life Foundation DBS check||E|
The job description is available as a word document – Fundraising and Supporter Engagement Officer Job Description
HOW TO APPLY
Please download and complete the application form:
Then send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
These duties defined in this Job Description are not definitive and may be subject to future amendments following appropriate consultation.
Palace for Life is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.