Job Opportunity - Full Time Foundation Coach
Full Time Foundation Coach – Palace for Life Foundation
1. JOB DETAILS
Location: Selhurst Park Stadium
Responsible to: Sports Development Manager
Hours per Week: 38 hours
Contract: 1 year fixed term
Salary : £20,000
Deadline for applications is Monday 25th September at 5pm, with interviews taking place on Thursday 28th September.
2. JOB PURPOSE
The Palace for Life Foundation is the official charity of Crystal Palace FC (CPFC).
We are looking for a highly-motivated full time Coach who believes in the power of sport and the opportunities which the brand of a professional football club can add to local people, and who can play a pivotal role in delivering a successful women and girls’ sports programme across all of the Palace for Life areas.
The successful applicant will assist in the delivery of an expanding Women & Girls sports development programme. Ensuring all Women & Girls KPI’s are met, and participants are offered suitable exit routes upon completion of delivery, and support other areas of the business as required. The role involves delivery in Primary schools and Secondary schools targeting girl’s inactivity in both football and general physical activity.
You will assist in maintaining all current funding streams and funded projects as well as ensuring the on-going financial viability and growth of the department through a quality delivery programme.
Our Values are simply the things that are most important to us and will be demonstrated through the way in which we behave in achieving our charity objectives. Our people are at the centre of the delivery of our Foundation Values.
The Palace for Life Foundation is committed to keeping children, young people and vulnerable adults safe from harm. We take our Safeguarding responsibilities very seriously and the successful candidate will be subject to Enhanced DBS checks and additional safeguarding training.
5. MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To assist with the development and delivery of a structured football training programme within the Premier League women & girls programme based in Secondary schools and other community settings.
• To develop and maintain positive relationships with all key partners involved in the programme such as players, teachers, parents, head teachers, and other partners.
• To deliver PE lessons during the curriculum in local Primary schools concentrating on girls only groups within the class.
• To deliver intervention sessions/workshops to Primary school children.
• To project manage some of the women and girls programme including: budget monitoring, updating the VIEWS on-line monitoring and evaluation system and to assist with the completion of monitoring and finance reports for the Premier League Charitable Fund and other partners.
• To produce case studies for Palace for Life Foundation Sports Development Manager when required.
• To deliver football sessions at multiple venues as part of the football development programme.
• To deliver physical activity sessions across Primary school sites including lunchtimes sessions and after school clubs.
• The organisation of regular inter and intra school football/sports competitions.
• To distribute and disseminate publicity and promotional material to targeted groups in all Boroughs to promote and cross sell all Foundations activities.
• Ensure health & safety, safeguarding & compliance and equality policies are implemented and followed at all times and in all areas of the programmes.
• To consistently monitor and evaluate the programme to ensure effective delivery throughout all training.
• To carry out duties with regard to relevant Foundation legislation, policies and procedures
• You must wear your CPFC Foundation uniform at all times when delivering on behalf of the Foundation and keep your kit in good presentable condition.
• To keep your equipment (bibs, cones and footballs) in good working order and please report any losses or damage of this equipment to the Sports Development Manager.
• To attend regular meetings and courses for continuous professional development.
• To undertake such other duties which from time to time may be required
• Commitment to high quality sport provision and committed to providing the best possible opportunities for all participants.
• Excellent organisational, planning and administrative skills, including time management, prioritisation of workloads, and be able to complete tasks to quality service standards.
• To deliver selected holiday course provision out of school term
• An enthusiastic, proactive approach combined with a determination to achieve.
• Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, which may include some evenings and weekends
• Must be able to represent CPFC Foundation in a confident and professional manner and have the ability to communicate effectively to a range of stakeholders.
• Full clean driving license and access to a motor vehicle for work purposes
• Work flexibly to ensure full and supportive delivery of the programme. May include some weekend or evening work.
• Commit to ongoing self-directed learning in order to further develop work related skills and knowledge.
• Undertake any other related responsibilities commensurate with the evolving objectives of the post and the evolution of the organisation.
• Work with due regard for Foundation core values and objectives.
• Ensure the effective implementation of, and adherence to the Foundation’s Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety policies and procedures.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download and complete the following: Job Application Form – Full-Time Coach and send to email@example.com.
The Palace for Life Foundation is a recognised equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, belief and gender.
|Person Specification:||E = Essential
D = Desirable
|Level 2 Coaching in Football Certificate||E|
|A passion and interest in developing a career in the development sport sector.||E|
|An interest in football coaching and player development||E|
|Experience of working with young adults in sport||E|
|Experience of working to tight deadlines without close supervision||E|
|The ability to recognise opportunities to promote Palace for Life Foundation externally.||E|
|Ability to communicate effectively and concisely both orally and in writing.||E|
|Experience in writing progressive sessions plans||E|
|Ability to emphasize with and give support to individuals who may not feel comfortable in learning or sports related environments.||E|
|Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels within the Foundation, the parent club and high level outside contacts.||D|
|Competent administration skills in order to meet league requirements.||E|
|Up to date safeguarding certificate and first aid certificate qualifications||E|
|Member of the FA Coaches License Club when working for the Foundation.||E|
|Youth Module 1||E|