Job Opportunity - Digital Communications Officer
Title: Digital Communications Officer
Location: Selhurst Park
Hours per Week: 20-25 hours
Contract: Fixed term 3 months (May-July)
Salary: £17-£18K (pro rata)
Closing date: Monday 30th April 2018
We are looking for a highly-motivated Digital Communications Officer who believes in the value of sport and the opportunities which the brand of a professional football club like Crystal Palace FC can add to people and their communities.
You will support with the delivery and subsequent management of a new website for all course bookings for the Palace for Life Foundation. You will also assist in delivering content for the main Foundation website and social media channels. You will manage the monthly e-newsletter and help build an established CRM database whilst driving marketing campaigns to help recruit new donors, event participants and partners.
Our mission is to help young south Londoners grow through the power of sport, inspiring them to find a better path in life, for a better life. We believe that everyone matters, irrespective of race, religion, beliefs or background. And by giving extra support to the most vulnerable, we will help create a better community and society.
- To lead on the delivery of a new website to manage all course bookings for the Foundation and the subsequent management of this
- To manage the content for and distribution of the Foundation’s monthly e-newsletter
- To assist with writing a wide range of quality, effective and engaging internal and external communications to drive interest and awareness for the Foundation and its associated partners/network through:
Websites (internal and external)
Monitoring external channels about what is being said about the Foundation
Internal staff and wider CPFC communications
- Support the running of the Foundation website, which will be kept up to date, accurate and deliver the Foundation’s objectives.
- To support online and traditional marketing campaigns to recruit donors, event participants and partners.
- To help maintain a segmented Foundation supporter/customer database to help drive sign-ups for the Foundation’s courses and programmes.
- To monitor web analytics and develop ways to drive additional traffic as required
- To assist with posting on the Foundation’s social platforms, including the management of certain campaigns
- To support with the organisation and coordination of Foundation events, including fundraising events and player visits
Hours can be split across three or four working days per week. Working hours are 9-5pm Mon-Fri. Match day tickets available to all staff.
|Person Specification:||E = Essential
D = Desirable
|A passion and interest in developing a career in the sport for social change sector, particularly supporting young and disadvantaged people||E|
|Experience in creative writing||E|
|Experience in creating and delivering digital media campaigns||E|
|Experience of working to tight deadlines without close supervision||E|
|Experienced with WordPress and CRM systems, preferably MailChimp||E|
|Experience of HubSpot||D|
|Interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels within Crystal Palace Foundation, CPFC and high level outside contacts||E|
|Ability to conduct interviews with a wide range of people (young people, MPs, football players, sponsors etc.) and present their stories in an engaging way through multiple channels||E|
|Experience of online marketing||D|
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete an application form – Job Application Form – Digital Communications Officer – detailing why you feel you are suitable for the role and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Palace for Life Foundation is committed to keeping children, young people and vulnerable adults safe from harm. We take our Safeguarding responsibilities very seriously and the successful candidate will be subject to Enhanced DBS checks and additional safeguarding training.
Crystal Palace Football Club acknowledges its duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory requirements and responsibilities, government guidance, recognised best practice and complies with Premier league and football league rules.
The club expects all staff, players, volunteers, contractors and guests to share this commitment.