Job Opportunity - Community Development Officer (Employability)
Community Development Officer (Employability)
1. JOB DETAILS
Organisation: Palace for Life Foundation
Salary: £24,000 p.a.
Location: Selhurst Park, Selhurst, SE25 6PU
Closing date: 20/10/2017
Interview Date: 24th, 25th or 26th October 2017
Contract type: 2 Year Fixed Term (Full time)
2. JOB PURPOSE
Premier League Palace for Life Foundation started their Community Development programme back in 1990 and over the last 3 years has undergone a comprehensive change of culture with the introduction of a new senior management team and new activities and funded projects, whilst still supporting the Foundation & Club’s commitment to the ‘One Club One Community’ ethos.
As a result of recent growth we now have an exciting opportunity for an exceptional candidate to join the Foundation’s Community Development Team to deliver a 2 year Big Lottery Youth Development Programme. The project is aimed at people over 18 – 24 years of age living within Croydon.
We are looking for a talented officer with proven knowledge and experience of developing young people towards positive outcomes/pathways, training and sustainable employment. Additionally, someone who is able to deliver inspiring, skills-based activities and provide bespoke support to develop confidence and resilience in young people. The ability to communicate well with a range of people including young people, commissioners, funders and other local statutory and community based agencies is fundamental to the successful delivery of this project.
3. MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To build and maintain an effective rapport with their participants and use their planning and organisational skills to ensure that all participants are given appropriate assistance to enhance their chances of starting and sustaining work.
• Undertaking pastoral duties and supporting participants on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties
• Set up and develop a youth board to ensure meaningful involvement of young people in all aspects of the Talent Match Croydon Programme design, delivery and evaluation.
• Plan embedded learning for groups and individuals, signposting participants to a range of engaging activities and programmes delivered by the Foundation and partners.
• Work collaboratively with Tier 2 partner organisations using verbal and written reports to ensure accurate and timely progress reviews, to meet the requirements of awarding and funding bodies.
• Develop delivery in order to maximise progression opportunities for participants.
• Ensure participants are able to develop PDP’s, or Individual Learning/Action Plans so progress can be measured.
• Work with Tier 2 partner organisations to develop opportunities that increase young people’s access to positive and useful network.
• Liaise with Palace for Life Foundation and Tier 2 partners to recruit learners to the programme through a range of methods.
• Ensure all staff and partner organisations comply with the Safeguarding, Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety policies at all times.
• Offering advice and information to participants through face-to-face, telephone and email contact.
• Managing resources, including the raising of PO’s and payments against invoices etc.
• Working with multiple agencies across different sectors in order to establish good working relationships to influence decisions about employment skills and training.
• Involve employers in the design, delivery and leaderships of Talent Match Croydon and seek appropriate work placements and direct routes into employment.
• Collection of Data to support the monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the project to report back to funders, future commissioning groups and Foundation management.
• Maintaining databases and undertaking any other administrative duties.
Must hold a Youth Work Level 3 qualification and either PTLLS or DTLLS teaching qualifications (or equivalent), along with a least 2 years’ experience working with young people to gain employment.
Palace for Life Foundation is run autonomously from the Football Club and enjoys charitable status. The relationship between the Club and Foundation is strong and mutually beneficial. With an appointed Board of Trustees there is a formal overriding link between the Foundation and the Football Club at senior level.
A competitive remuneration package is available to the right candidate. Additionally, you will be joining an organisation that has recently won the ‘Best Community Scheme Award’ at the Football Business Awards 2015 and the ‘The Best Foundation Diversity Award’ at the Football for Good Awards 2015.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download and complete the following: Job Application Form – Community Development Officer (Employability) and send, with an up-to-date CV, to email@example.com