Applications for Youth Advisory Group now open
Applications for our brand-new Youth Advisory Group are now open. The Youth Advisory Group is a group of young people from 13-17 years old who will act as representatives for the young people that we help every day and will help shape our services to best serve our community.
We’re looking for a passionate group of young south Londoners who are keen to use their expertise and local knowledge to join our Youth Advisory Group, who will represent young people from the areas we work in.
If this sounds like you and you’re aged 13-17 and from Croydon, Bromley, Sutton or Lambeth, read on and apply here. The deadline for applications is Saturday 10th February 2024.
What is the Youth Advisory Group?
We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic young people to join our voluntary Youth Advisory Group who will represent young people from the local areas we work in (Croydon, Bromley, Lambeth and Sutton). The group will meet every month to talk about what young people need and want from our services, to share ideas on new projects and give feedback on what we could do differently.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone who loves south London, likes working as a team, wants to improve their communication skills and wants experience in working at a Premier League club’s foundation. As a Youth Advisory Group Member, you’ll get to help shape the direction of our programmes alongside our staff to make a real difference to the lives of more young south Londoners.
What will I do?
- We want this group to represent the voices of young people within the local community and ensure young people’s interests continue to be a priority across all our programmes
- Work collaboratively to share ideas for new projects and areas of work across the Foundation as well as provide advice and guidance to support the development of new and fresh ideas
- Give feedback on projects and services based on your own experiences and collecting the views of your peers
- Help ensure our programmes are effective and impactful for the young people we serve
What we’re looking for
- Someone who is aged between 13-17 years old
- Someone who lives in in South London or the boroughs we work in – Croydon, Bromley, Lambeth and Sutton (if you live elsewhere and want to join, just get in touch)
- Have the time to attend (2-hour meetings/sessions every 4-6 weeks from February to September (and possibly some small work in between). Meetings will take place after school/college or in the evening
- Be confident to represent other young people
- Good communication skills to engage with staff and young people
What you will get out of it
- The chance to develop new skills such as; youth leadership, communication, delivering meetings, researching, getting feedback, problem solving, and volunteering
- The opportunity to work in partnership with a Premier League Football Club and Foundation
- Work with other volunteers to make a difference to 1000’s of young people in the local community and ensure their voice is heard
- Help ensure we continue to deliver programmes that positively impact young people’s lives in a meaningful and sustained way
- Exclusive access to free merchandise
- Out of pocket expenses covered for travel and lunch
How to Apply
The deadline for applications is Saturday 10th February 2024. Head here to apply.
If you live out of the specified locations and would like to get involved, please get in touch with Aziz