Job Opportunity - Schools Coach
1. JOB DETAILS
Title: Schools Coach – Palace for Life Foundation
Location: Selhurst Park Stadium
Responsible to: Primary School Programmes Manager
Hours per week: 20-38 hours p/w
2. JOB PURPOSE
The Palace for Life Foundation is the official charity of Crystal Palace FC (CPFC).
We are looking for a highly-motivated Schools Coach who believes in the power of sport and the opportunities which the brand of a professional football club can add to local people, and has proven knowledge and experience working in a sports development environment; as well as a focus for education.
As part of the Sports Development team of Palace for Life Foundation you will be responsible for delivering aspects of the Foundation’s Premier League Primary Stars programme and the development of the overall educational offer to our schools in South London.
Our Values are simply the things that are most important to us and will be demonstrated through the way in which we behave in achieving our charity objectives. Our people are at the centre of the delivery of our Foundation Values.
The Palace for Life Foundation is committed to keeping children, young people and vulnerable adults safe from harm. We take our Safeguarding responsibilities very seriously and the successful candidate will be subject to Enhanced DBS checks and additional safeguarding training.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The delivery of our Premier League Primary Stars programme in the form of PE lessons, PPA sessions and after-school clubs in primary schools.
- The planning of appropriate sessions for the delivery part of the programme.
- The delivery of all aspects of the Foundation’s Primary Stars programme, encompassing cross-curricular and whole child development. This includes year 6 to year 7 transition programmes, literacy, PSHE and more.
- Collection of data and uploading to the relevant system.
- Working closely with Primary School Programmes Manager to ensure the school engaged in continue to use Foundation services into the following academic year.
- Potential for work in the Elite Player Development Centres for the correct candidate.
- Identify potential academy players and refer through the appropriate pathway, including that of the EPD centres.
- To produce case studies for the Primary School Programmes Officer/Manager when required.
- To attend regular meetings and courses for continuous professional development.
- Reporting regularly to the Primary School Programmes Officer/Manager on all aspects of the programme.
- Liaising with key partners including school staff and parents.
- Work flexibly to ensure full and supportive delivery of the programme. May include some evening or weekend work.
- Commit to ongoing self-directed learning in order to further develop work-related skills and knowledge.
- Undertake any other related responsibilities commensurate with the evolving objectives of the post and the evolution of the organisation.
- Work with due regard for Foundation core values and objectives.
- Ensure the effective implementation of, and adherence to the Foundation’s Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety policies and procedures.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your completed application form – Job Application Form – Schools Coach – detailing why you feel you are suitable for the role to email@example.com
Deadline for submission of application forms is 5pm on Friday 13th July
Interviews will take place week commencing Monday 23rd July
Palace for Life Foundation is a recognised equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, belief and gender.
|E = Essential
D = Desirable
|Possess relevant qualifications (minimum Level 2) other relevant experience in an educational environment||E|
|A passion and interest in developing a career in the sport for social change sector, particularly supporting young people in Primary School education||E|
|An interest in delivering educational programmes in Primary schools||E|
|Commitment to a high quality physical education programme.||E|
|Experience of working with young people from different backgrounds||E|
|Sound sports development or school education knowledge and experience with a proven track record of achievement and event management.||E|
|The ability to develop and maintain relationships with schools and their staff||E|
|Experience of working to tight deadlines without close supervision||E|
|Excellent communication/presentation skills both written and verbal||E|
|Ability to manage partnerships effectively and concisely so external partners are satisfied with our work.||E|
|Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels within the Foundation, the parent club and high level outside contacts.||E|
Crystal Palace Football Club endorses the principle of equality and will strive to ensure that everyone who wishes to be involved in the club whether as players, match-day fans, staff, board members, participants in foundation programmes and other people engaged with the club’s activities (for example, suppliers, corporate partners):
Has a genuine and equal opportunity to participate to the full extent of their own ambitions and abilities, without regard to their age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, sex or sexual orientation; and
Can be assured of an environment in which their rights, dignity and individual worth are respected, and in particular that they are able to enjoy their engagement at the club without the threat of intimidation, victimisation, harassment, bullying and abuse.
Crystal Palace Football Club acknowledges its duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory requirements and responsibilities, government guidance, recognised best practice and complies with Premier league and football league rules.
The club expects all staff, players, volunteers, contractors and guests to share this commitment.