Job Opportunity - Part-Time Coach (Schools)
Company: Palace for Life Foundation
Job Type: Part-Time Coach
Location: Selhurst Park Stadium, Thornton Heath, South-East London, United Kingdom (Head Office); schools within the boroughs of Bromley, Croydon & Sutton.
Starting date: 28th January 2018
SUMMARY OF JOB
As part of the Sports Development team for the Palace for Life Foundation, you will be responsible for organising and delivering aspects of the Foundation’s partnership work with local primary schools. This will involve:
• The delivery of our Premier League Primary Stars project in the form of lunchtime clubs, after school clubs, with the option for PE and PPA lessons in primary schools.
• The organisation of the project, including liaising with key partners including school staff and parents
• The design of appropriate sessions for the delivery part of the project.
• The delivery of all aspects of the Foundations Primary Stars programme, encompassing cross curricular and whole child development. This includes literacy, numeracy, PSHE and more.
• Collection of registers for the use within the PE and School Sport project and uploading to Views system in the appropriate project pot.
• Working closely with PE and School Sport Manager to ensure the school engaged in continue to use foundation services into the following academic year.
• Identify potential academy players and refer through the appropriate pathway, including that of the EPD centres.
• To produce case studies for Palace for Life Foundation Sports Development Director when required.
• Reporting regularly to the PE and School Sport Manager on all aspects of the programme.
• Maintaining links between Palace for Life Foundation and Crystal Palace FC Marketing team to ensure that club marketing messages are present in the Foundation promotional materials and activities.
• Making sure you are aware of Palace for Life Foundation activities programme and can cross sell products to other areas of the Foundation
• Maintaining links between Palace for Life Foundation Community Development Team to ensure that all sections of the Foundation are working together and there is cross fertilisation of ideas, delivery of programmes and assistance with future funding and revenue making projects.
• Wear the Palace for Life Foundation uniform at all times when delivering on behalf of the Foundation and keep your kit in good presentable condition.
• To attend regular meetings and courses for continuous professional development.
• Potential for work in Elite Player Development Centres for the correct candidate.
• The ability to develop and maintain relationships with primary schools and their staff including Head teachers, PE teachers and Business Managers
• Understanding and experience of selling sports based services to the public and organisations and possessing commercial acumen to make the Foundation sustainable.
• Excellent communication/presentation skills both written and verbal
• Good negotiation skills
• Good organisational and prioritising skills
• Self-motivated and the ability to work well within a team
• Work flexibly to ensure full and supportive delivery of the programme. May include some weekend or evening work.
• Sound sports development or school sport knowledge and experience with a proven track record of achievement
• Minimum Level 2 Coaching qualification in one sport and other sport related qualifications eg Youth Module 1 & 2.
• Sound education setting knowledge and experience with a proven track record of achievement (minimum of 5 years’ experience).
• Commitment to high quality sport provision and committed to providing the best possible opportunities for all participants.
• Excellent organisational, planning and administrative skills, including time management, prioritisation of workloads, and be able to complete tasks to quality service standards.
• An enthusiastic, proactive approach combined with a determination to achieve.
• Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, which may include some evenings and weekends
• Must be able to represent Palace for Life Foundation in a confident and professional manner and have the ability to communicate effectively to a range of stakeholders.
• UEFA B License
• AfPE Level 3 Qualification
• Full clean driving license and access to a motor vehicle for work purposes