Job Opportunity - Fundraising Coordinator
1. JOB DETAILS.
Title: Fundraising Coordinator
Location: Selhurst Park
Responsible to: Deputy Chief Executive
Hours per Week: 38 hours
Contract: 1 Year Fixed Term [initially]
Salary: £27,000 p.a.
Deadline: 26th January 2018
2. JOB PURPOSE
The Palace for Life Foundation is the official charity of Crystal Palace Football Club and our mission is to help young South Londoners grow through the power of sport, inspiring them to find a better path in life, for a better life. We engage with over 13,000 children and young people every year through a wide range of projects and have won national recognition for our work changing lives.
Reporting to the Foundation’s Deputy CEO, this exciting new role will play an important part in helping to deliver our mission of helping young South Londoners grow through sport using the power of the Premier League and Crystal Palace FC brands.
As Fundraising Coordinator, you will be an ambitious and flexible charity fund-raising ‘all-rounder’. You will lead the Foundation’s fundraising strategy, generating unrestricted income from major donors, corporate sponsors, regular givers, legacies, trusts, challenge events, match-day lotteries, online auctions and more.
This is a great opportunity for you to make your mark in a fast-paced, Premier League environment and develop skills across the full spectrum of fundraising disciplines.
3. MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– To help develop and coordinate an exciting fundraising programme to generate unrestricted funds for the Foundation.
– To be proactive in seeking out new individuals, groups and organisations that can support Foundation fundraising objectives.
– To help grow a database of stakeholder contacts.
– To prepare and deliver presentations to potential donors and sponsors.
– To organise supporter engagement events.
– To play an active role in the delivery of Foundation fundraising events.
– To help develop and support a network of ‘Palace for Life Playmakers’ which the Foundation can call on to play an active part on our programmes supporting young people.
– To manage relationships with all our supporters, ensuring every supporter enjoys a positive ‘user journey’, and is encouraged to make further donations or take part in further activities.
– To actively research fundraising best practice across the Premier League, Community Sports and Charity sector.
The Palace for Life Foundation is committed to keeping children, young people and vulnerable adults safe from harm. We take our Safeguarding responsibilities very seriously and the successful candidate will be subject to Enhanced DBS checks and additional safeguarding training.
|Person Specification:||E = Essential
D = Desirable
|At least 2 years’ successful experience in a charity fundraising role||E|
|Proven track record of building and sustaining strong relationships with donors, fundraisers, corporate partners and other stakeholders
|Experience of maintaining a stakeholder database and developing digital supporter journeys||D|
|Excellent verbal and written communication skills.||E|
|Outstanding organisational skills with an attention to detail.||E|
|Ability to think clearly, creatively and imaginatively.||E|
|Positive attitude and strong focus on teamwork with the ability to work on own initiative when necessary.||E|
|Focused on achievement, targets and continuous improvement.||E|
|Excellent computing and social media skills||E|
|Able to demonstrate an understanding of the Youth Development and Sport for Development agendas||D|
|An understanding of, and a commitment to, equal opportunities issues both in the workplace and the wider community.||E|
|Prepared to undergo a Palace for Life Foundation DBS check||E|
HOW TO APPLY:
Please complete the application form – Job Application Form – Fundraising Coordinator – and return to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any applications received without a fully completed application form will be disregarded.
These duties defined in this Job Description are not definitive and may be subject to future amendments following appropriate consultation.
Palace for Life is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.