Sessional Disability Coach
Palace for Life Foundation is seeking highly motivated, enthusiastic and reliable disability football coaches to support and develop their expanding community programmes in Croydon, Bromley and Sutton. Delivering high quality football and sport based activities in a variety of environments including schools, leisure centers, local sports venues and youth clubs. Applicants will be required to deliver on the Foundation’s Premier League/BT Disability Fund and will have the opportunity to also work across our PL Primary Stars, PL Women & Girls programs and our Train Like a Pro football courses.
Please note the initial requirement for this role is for 5 hour per week, with a possibility of extension.
Qualifications and Requirement
- Hold a Coaching Disabled Footballers Qualification
- Hold a minimum FA Level 2 Coaching Footballers Qualification.
- We may at times look for assistant coaches with a level 1 qualification.
- Hold a clean driving license & have their own transport.
- Live within easy reach of the working area stated above.
- Hold current and valid First Aid & Safeguarding Children certificates.
- Availability to work at key times stated above.
- Knowledge and experience of working/coaching with people with a disability.
- Knowledge and experience of working within schools.
- Ability to adapt sessions to the needs of participants with a range of disabilities
- Knowledge and experience of tournaments/festivals
- Impairment specific coaching football qualifications (i.e. coaching Blind or Deaf Footballers)
- Youth Module qualifications
- FA Coaches License
How to apply:
Closing date: 4/1/2019
The Palace for Life Foundation is a recognised equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, belief and gender.
Job Type: Part-time