We are looking for highly motivated coaches with experience working in a talent development and school environment to join our team.
Job Title: Sessional Coach
Reports To: Football Development Manager
1. Job Purpose
We are looking for highly motivated coaches with experience working in a talent development and school environment to join our team. You will be responsible for delivering sessions within our development centres and local schools.
2. Principal Accountabilities/Responsibilities/Job Summary
• The planning and delivery of creative, active and engaging football sessions for children from 5-16 years old.
• To develop positive relationships with all key partners including players, parents and fellow coaches.
• Must be available to work during school holidays to deliver our Train Like A Pro Soccer Schools
• To support at a variety of events throughout the year including promotional campaigns.
• Working closely with the department managers to ensure the Palace for Life coaching curriculum is adhered to.
• To complete termly feedback via short reports to inform the players and their parents of strengths and weaknesses
• Potential to support with other parts of the Foundation including PE, SEND, Women & Girls and 1 to 1 mentoring
• Support the administration elements of the programme including data collection and session compliance
• Support the creation of media information and case studies/good news stories to measure the impact of the programme.
• Help grow the programme by being proactive and inviting players of the required ability to sessions.
• To attend regular meetings and training for continuous professional development
• Work flexibly to ensure full and supportive delivery of the programme. May include some weekend or evening work.
• Commit to ongoing self-directed learning in order to further develop work related skills and knowledge.
03. Knowledge/Experience/Technical Skills and Behaviours
a) Knowledge/Experience/Technical Skills
• Possess a sport specific coaching qualification
• Ability to emphasise with and give support to participants who may not feel comfortable in learning or sports related environments
• Sound sports development or school education knowledge and experience with a proven track record of achievement
• Level 1 coaching in football certificate
• Experience working within a Primary School environment
• Level 2 coaching in football certificate
• Current DBS certificate
• Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
• Clean drivers licence
● TEAMWORK – we support everyone around us and treat them with respect, working together to achieve great results.
● PRIDE – we are proud to represent Palace and aspire to be the best in everything we do.
● INNOVATION – we are not afraid to try new things, we are creative and inspiring, always seeking new ways to progress.
● We know why we’re here: we appreciate the unique influence we, as role models, have on young people and the wider south London community
● We know where we’re going: we are clear on what we aim to achieve, as individuals and as part of the wider team at the Foundation and Crystal Palace FC
● We communicate effectively: we listen to each other and keep colleagues fully informed of our work, sharing mistakes and challenges as well as successes
● We respect: we seek to understand the challenges others face and treat our colleagues and participants how we expect to be treated ourselves
● We are professional: we are punctual, reliable and aspire to the highest standards in everything we do
● We take responsibility: we take ownership for own performance and put in our fair share of time and effort to support our participants and the rest of the team
● We are always improving: We reflect, look to develop and evolve, to make things better for our team and the people we support
● We are brave: We think outside the box, are not afraid to take measured risks, but know when to ask for help and support each other when things don’t go to plan
● We share success: We are proud of what we do as a team and actively celebrate each other’s good work, sharing credit wherever it’s due.
How to Apply
Complete the application form in full and return to email@example.com.
Crystal Palace Football Club acknowledges its duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory requirements and responsibilities, government guidance, recognised best practice and complies with Premier league and football league rules.
The club expects all staff, players, volunteers, contractors and guests to share this commitment.
Crystal Palace Football Club endorses the principle of equality and will strive to ensure that everyone who wishes to be involved in the club whether as players, match-day fans, staff, board members, participants in foundation programmes and other people engaged with the club’s activities (for example, suppliers, corporate partners):
Has a genuine and equal opportunity to participate to the full extent of their own ambitions and abilities, without regard to their age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, sex or sexual orientation; and
Can be assured of an environment in which their rights, dignity and individual worth are respected, and in particular that they are able to enjoy their engagement at the club without the threat of intimidation, victimisation, harassment, bullying and abuse.