SEND Care Assistant
Care and support for primary and secondary SEND school children at a 4 week summer holiday sports camp run by the Palace for Life Foundation.
Job Title: SEND Care Assistant
Reports To: Health Manager/Disability Manager Jobs Reporting into the Job Holder: n/a
1. Job Purpose
Care and support for primary and secondary SEND school children at a 4 week summer holiday sports camp run by the Palace for Life Foundation. Job role is for a 4 week period but happy to consider those who are unable to commit to the entire duration of the project.
2. Principal Accountabilities/Responsibilities/Job Summary
• Support the individual needs of a range of primary and secondary SEND school children who will be participating in a 9am to 4pm daytime summer sports and healthy living camp.
• Job role is for a 4 week period but happy to consider those who are unable to commit to the entire duration of the project.
• Support and guide the Palace for Life coaching staff to ensure that all SEND children are fully included into all the sports activities to the best of their abilities.
• Feedback to children’s parents/carers any relevant information they should be aware of from each day’s events
• Report to Health Manger & Disability Manager any issues involving SEND participants.
03. Knowledge/Experience/Technical Skills and Behaviours
a) Knowledge/Experience/Technical Skills
• How to support and take emotional and physical care of SEND children throughout the day with a variety of physical, emotional and intellectual disabilities.
• Work as SEND care assistant/teacher in SEND or mainstream primary or secondary school.
• DBS checked
• Self-motivated and the ability to work well within a team.
• Ability to identify the individual needs of SEND children and to provide and implement quick solutions.
• How to interact 1:1 with SEND children in a fun and safe way.
• De-escalation training
● TEAMWORK – we support everyone around us and treat them with respect, working together to achieve great results.
● PRIDE – we are proud to represent Palace and aspire to be the best in everything we do.
● INNOVATION – we are not afraid to try new things, we are creative and inspiring, always seeking new ways to progress.
● We know why we’re here: we appreciate the unique influence we, as role models, have on young people and the wider south London community
● We know where we’re going: we are clear on what we aim to achieve, as individuals and as part of the wider team at the Foundation and Crystal Palace FC
● We communicate effectively: we listen to each other and keep colleagues fully informed of our work, sharing mistakes and challenges as well as successes
● We respect: we seek to understand the challenges others face and treat our colleagues and participants how we expect to be treated ourselves
● We are professional: we are punctual, reliable and aspire to the highest standards in everything we do
● We take responsibility: we take ownership for own performance and put in our fair share of time and effort to support our participants and the rest of the team
● We are always improving: We reflect, look to develop and evolve, to make things better for our team and the people we support
● We are brave: We think outside the box, are not afraid to take measured risks, but know when to ask for help and support each other when things don’t go to plan
● We share success: We are proud of what we do as a team and actively celebrate each other’s good work, sharing credit wherever it’s due.
How to Apply
Complete the Application Form in full and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Crystal Palace Football Club acknowledges its duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory requirements and responsibilities, government guidance, recognised best practice and complies with Premier league and football league rules.
The club expects all staff, players, volunteers, contractors and guests to share this commitment.
Crystal Palace Football Club endorses the principle of equality and will strive to ensure that everyone who wishes to be involved in the club whether as players, match-day fans, staff, board members, participants in foundation programmes and other people engaged with the club’s activities (for example, suppliers, corporate partners):
Has a genuine and equal opportunity to participate to the full extent of their own ambitions and abilities, without regard to their age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, sex or sexual orientation; and
Can be assured of an environment in which their rights, dignity and individual worth are respected, and in particular that they are able to enjoy their engagement at the club without the threat of intimidation, victimisation, harassment, bullying and abuse.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
Job Title: SEND Care Assistant
Location: Heavers Farm School, Selhurst
Salary: £12.00 per hour
Hours: Up to 28 per week
Contract: 4 Weeks – 29/7 to 23/8
Closing date: Friday 19th July 2019
Interview date: Week commencing 22nd July 2019
Complete the Application Form in full and return to email@example.com.Download Application