Education & Employability Officer
Job Title: Education & Employability Officer Location: Selhurst Park Stadium Salary: £24K - £27K Hours: 37.5 hours per week Contract: 1 x Full-time, permanent Closing Date: 7th December 2020, Midnight Interview Date: W/C 14th December 2020
Job Title: Education & Employability Officer
Reports To: Education, Training and Employment Manager
- Job Purpose
The Education & Employability Officer will support the planning, delivery, administration and community outreach of the Palace for Life Foundation Education, Training and Employability (ETE) programmes, supporting 14-16, 16-19 and 19+ year olds. ETE programmes include in-school delivery, college-based delivery, community-based delivery and prison delivery. The post-holder will work closely with children, young people and young adults, to develop employability, personal, social and enterprise skills and support them in their progression into further education, training or employment. The post-holder will also work closely with all colleagues of the Foundation to ensure our processes and delivery meet the needs of our participants, partners and funders.
- Principal Accountabilities/Responsibilities/Job Summary
- Work with the ETE Manager to ensure education and employability provision is aligned to young people’s needs, demographics and chosen progression pathway, including the development of Schemes of Work (SOW), lesson plans, suitable resources, assessment materials, teaching and learning activities etc.
- Lead on the planning and delivery of ETE programme lessons, workshops, 1-2-1 personal development/mentoring sessions, events and wider activities, in line with relevant standards and requirements
- Work with the ETE Manager to drive recruitment and referral of new participants and schools
- Take an active role in the delivery and outreach aspect of recruitment and enrolment of participants
- Work with the ETE Manager to ensure accredited delivery is assessed and presented in suitable formats ready for internal and external verification
- Maintain good working relationships with Crystal Palace Football Club (CPFC), delivery partners, funding partners and internal and external stakeholders, including: mentors/playmakers/parents/carers/employers/referrers etc.
- Update relevant monitoring and evaluation systems in a timely manner, for example Views, in order to effectively track the progress and impact of each cohort, develop case studies and reports
- Network with external organisations and partners to identify and secure work placement opportunities including, enabling corporate and individual volunteers to co-develop and deliver provision
- Ensure that key project information is recorded and disseminated internally and externally as appropriate
- Work collaboratively with staff using verbal and written reports to ensure accurate and timely progress reviews, ensuring communication updates are shared with the multi-disciplinary team, parents and carers
- Explore opportunities to work with other departments across the Foundation and the Club
- Support the continued development of a network database of employers, referral partners, co-delivery partners and voluntary organisations, to broker work placements and wider opportunities to improve participant experiences
- Provide support to the communications team in relation to ETE based content
- To ensure all work is in line with the policies and guidelines/procedures as adopted and adhered to by the Foundation
- Any other reasonable duties and responsibilities considered appropriate by the Senior Management Team of the Foundation
- Knowledge/Experience/Technical Skills and Behaviours
- a) Knowledge/Experience/Technical Skills
- DTTLS or PGCE qualified and/or relevant classroom delivery experience
- Understanding of the principles of teaching, learning and assessment
- Community delivery programmes
- Working with groups such as: hard-to-reach young people, long-term NEETs, youth offenders, children/people with social and emotional barriers etc.
- Must have excellent organisational skills with the ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Confident with PowerPoint, Word, Excel and other IT programmes which support the development of teaching and learning activities and resources
- High level of literacy and numeracy to be able to embed these within delivery plans
- Must have outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- High level of emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
- High level of communication (verbal and written) and organisational skills
- Ability to manage classroom behaviour
- Calm under pressure
- Able to thrive in challenging circumstances
- PGCE or Degree in Education
- Qualification in Youth/Social Work
- TAQA/A1 Assessor Qualification
- Knowledge of Secondary and Further Education Systems
- Knowledge of Curriculum Development
- Experience delivering in schools, colleges and/or on Community/Football Foundation education and employability programmes
- Experience in mentoring and working 1-2-1 with beneficiaries
- First Aid
- Mental Health First Aid
- Willingness and ability to coach and support other members of the team and/or trainee staff/young people
- TEAMWORK – we support everyone around us and treat them with respect, working together to achieve great results.
- PRIDE – we are proud to represent Palace and aspire to be the best in everything we do.
- INNOVATION – we are not afraid to try new things, we are creative and inspiring, always seeking new ways to progress.
- We know why we’re here: we appreciate the unique influence we, as role models, have on young people and the wider south London community
- We know where we’re going: we are clear on what we aim to achieve, as individuals and as part of the wider team at the Foundation and Crystal Palace FC
- We communicate effectively: we listen to each other and keep colleagues fully informed of our work, sharing mistakes and challenges as well as successes
- We respect: we seek to understand the challenges others face and treat our colleagues and participants how we expect to be treated ourselves
- We are professional: we are punctual, reliable and aspire to the highest standards in everything we do
- We take responsibility: we take ownership for our own performance and put in our fair share of time and effort to support our participants and the rest of the team
- We are always improving: We reflect, look to develop and evolve, to make things better for our team and the people we support
- We are brave: We think outside the box, are not afraid to take measured risks, but know when to ask for help and support each other when things don’t go to plan
- We share success: We are proud of what we do as a team and actively celebrate each other’s good work, sharing credit wherever it’s due
How to Apply
Crystal Palace Football Club acknowledges its duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory requirements and responsibilities, government guidance, recognised best practice and complies with Premier league and football league rules.
The club expects all staff, players, volunteers, contractors and guests to share this commitment.
Crystal Palace Football Club endorses the principle of equality and will strive to ensure that everyone who wishes to be involved in the club whether as players, match-day fans, staff, board members, participants in foundation programmes and other people engaged with the club’s activities (for example, suppliers, corporate partners):
Has a genuine and equal opportunity to participate to the full extent of their own ambitions and abilities, without regard to their age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, sex or sexual orientation; and
Can be assured of an environment in which their rights, dignity and individual worth are respected, and in particular that they are able to enjoy their engagement at the club without the threat of intimidation, victimisation, harassment, bullying and abuse.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.